Vitamin B12 manufacturers
What is Vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 is essential for the proper functioning of the human body as it is involved in the production of red blood cells, DNA synthesis and the maintenance of the nervous system. It is also known as cobalamin.
Vegans and vegetarians who do not eat animal products may be at risk of Vitamin B12 deficiency and may need to supplement their diet with fortified foods or supplements.
This water-soluble vitamin is absorbed in the small intestine with the help of intrinsic factor, a protein produced in the stomach. People with problems producing intrinsic factors or diseases affecting the small intestine may have difficulty absorbing vitamin B12 and require injections or high-dose supplements to maintain adequate levels.
Vitamin B12 has several medical uses, including:
- Treatment of Vitamin B12 deficiency: Vitamin B12 deficiency can lead to anaemia and neurological problems. The deficiency can be caused by a variety of factors, including poor dietary intake, malabsorption, and some medical conditions. Vitamin B12 supplementation can help treat the deficiency and its associated symptoms.
- Management of pernicious anaemia: Pernicious anaemia is a type of anaemia that occurs when the body can't absorb enough vitamin B12. It is typically treated with regular injections of vitamin B12.
- Support for nervous system function: Vitamin B12 plays an important role in maintaining the nervous system. Supplementation may be used to treat nerve damage, such as that caused by diabetic neuropathy.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS): Some studies suggest that vitamin B12 supplementation may help manage the symptoms of CFS, including fatigue.
- Depression: Vitamin B12 supplementation may help improve mood and alleviate symptoms of depression, particularly in people with low levels of vitamin B12.
Vitamin B12 is generally safe and well-tolerated. However, high doses can cause side effects in some people.
Vitamin B12 forms and dosage
Vitamin B12 is available in several forms, including:
- Cyanocobalamin is the most common form of vitamin B12 in supplements and fortified foods. It is a synthetic form and is considered stable and well-absorbed by the body.
- Methylcobalamin is a naturally occurring Vitamin B12 form. It is found in some foods and available in supplements. It is thought to be more easily absorbed and retained by the body than cyanocobalamin.
- Hydroxocobalamin: This is another naturally occurring form of vitamin B12 found in some foods and used as a treatment for vitamin B12 deficiency.
The daily intake of vitamin B12 varies by age and gender. It generally ranges from 2.4 to 2.8 micrograms per day. The optimal dosage of vitamin B12 supplementation may vary depending on a person's age, dietary intake, and medical condition.
For people with vitamin B12 deficiency, the typical dosage is an initial injection of 1000 micrograms, followed by maintenance injections of 1000 micrograms every three months. For people with malabsorption issues, higher doses or more frequent injections may be required.
Vitamin B12 patent information
The chemical structure of vitamin B12 is well-established and has been known since the mid-20th century. As such, the vitamin B12 molecule itself is not patentable.
However, various forms of vitamin B12 supplements, formulations, and delivery methods may be subject to patents. For example, a pharmaceutical company may develop a novel formulation of vitamin B12 that is more easily absorbed by the body or a new method of delivering vitamin B12 through the skin or mucous membranes.
Vitamin B12 wholesale price
Vitamin B12 can be purchased at a variety of prices from a variety of manufacturers and dealers.
The average API reference price worldwide is 1.800 USD per kilogram of Vitamin B12.
Depending on the drugstore, Vitamin B12 injectable solution (1000 mcg/mL) costs roughly $90 for a supply of 25 millilitres and $10 for a packet of tablets containing 100 counts.
Vitamin B12 manufacturers and brands
Some of the generic pharmaceutical manufacturers and brands of vitamin B12 supplements include:
- Perrigo offers a range of vitamin B12 supplements, including tablets, capsules, and injections.
- Mylan offers a range of generic vitamin B12 formulations, including injectables and oral tablets.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries offers a range of generic vitamin B12 supplements in various forms.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries offers a range of vitamin B12 supplements, including injections and oral formulations.
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories offers a range of vitamin B12 supplements, including injectables and oral tablets.
There are many manufacturers and brands of vitamin B12 supplements on the market, including:
- Nature Made: a popular brand of vitamins and supplements, including vitamin B12 supplements in various forms.
- Solgar is a well-known supplement brand offering a range of vitamin B12 supplements, including methylcobalamin and cyanocobalamin formulations.
- Jarrow Formulas: a supplement company specializing in high-quality formulations. They offer several vitamin B12 supplements, including sublingual and lozenge formulations.
- NOW Foods: a supplement company that provides a wide range of high-quality vitamins and supplements, including vitamin B12 supplements in various forms.
- Garden of Life: a supplement company specializing in organic and non-GMO supplements. They offer several vitamin B12 supplements, including a vegan-friendly formulation.
- Country Life: Country Life is a supplement company that provides a range of vitamin B12 supplements, including chewable and sublingual formulations.
Connecting to Vitamin B12 manufacturers and suppliers
Pipelinepharma is a B2B online pharmaceutical marketplace that connects buyers with suppliers of finished-dose pharma products, including vitamin B12 supplements and generics. Here are some ways in which Pipelinepharma can help B2B buyers find Vitamin B12:
- Wide range of suppliers: Pipelinepharma works with an extensive network of suppliers worldwide, which can help B2B buyers find a wide range of Vitamin B12 products at competitive prices.
- User-friendly platform: Pipelinepharma's online platform is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it easy for B2B buyers to search for and compare different Vitamin B12 products.
- Verified suppliers: Pipelinepharma verifies all its suppliers to ensure they meet strict quality standards, which can give B2B buyers peace of mind when sourcing vitamin B12 products.
- Customized solutions: Pipelinepharma can provide customized solutions to meet the specific needs of B2B buyers, including sourcing hard-to-find products or arranging product co-development.
- Regulatory compliance: Pipelinepharma ensures that all its suppliers meet regulatory requirements for selling and distributing Vitamin B12 supplements, which can help B2B buyers ensure that their purchases are safe and legal.
More than 400 Vitamin B12 products are in the Pipelinepharma marketplace, listed under the Generics and Nutraceuticals category. There are products with EU GMP approvals and ready-to-file EU CTD dossiers.